Hi, I have uploaded the Appointments+ plugin to my wordpress site, and also have bought Poedit Pro for my MAC.
I need to translate the names of fields in the plugin to make it better for my site, and in one of your articles it recommended poedit. I have tried to open the POT file in languages but it says that it is missing a disc and cannot translate as there is a problem with the theme or plugin.
And I also need to make the appointments page dynamic and responsive.
Can you please advise as it is not working as the article does not work. I need to get this done today and have just renewed my subscription.
Alexander Rohmann INACTIVE
7306 #15 GIVE POINTS
1. First you’ll need to download and install Poedit. You can get it here: http://www.poedit.net/
2. Download Appointments+ and unzip the file. Take a look in the languages folder. You’ll see “appointments.pot” This is the language template file provided by the plugin developer to allow it to be translated by WordPress
3. Run Poedit, and open up that .pot file. You will see the list of every text that is included with the plugin.
4. Go through the list, and for each time you wish to change something, first click it in the list. You will see the “Source text” box update. Now just enter what you wish to be included instead of that text in the translation box.
It’s a long list, so to quickly find instances of “Service Provider” be sure to use the “find” function (cmd+F on Mac, and ctrl+F on PC)
5. When you’re done translating, click “Validate” to make sure there aren’t any errors.
6. Now save the file. This will automatically create a .mo file. This is the compiled version of your translation that WordPress can read faster than the full text version.
7. Rename the .mo file to “appointments-en_US.mo”
8. Upload to your site and place in the languages folder of appointments+ (wp-content/plugins/appointments/languages)
9. Tell WordPress to look for translations. This can be done by placing the following line in your wp-config.php file:
Hope this helps you out! Let me know how it goes and if you need clarification on any of the steps!
FRI APR 26 2013, 2:54:30 PM (0)