Am following up on answers to these questions:
1) Since we are a network of sites using multi-site, is it possible for members who pay for a subscription to site A can also get access to all the other sites on the network EXCEPT certain areas restricted for site members only? I.e. Site A has a private set of forums only for Site A members so that everyone else can’t read them. The rest of the forums on Site A are open to all though.
– The plugin is designed so that each individual site can be it’s own membership site, rather than have multiple membership status across different sites. However, your example should be just fine… basically you make one set of forums on site A members only and the others open to anyone.
3) In lieu of #2 above, maybe I need to expound a bit further — it’s our goal to have an national network of sites as in a co-op fashion where each site has their own subscription responsibilities i.e. merchant/processor, but ties into the network system so that customers at site A can access site B (except private forums as explained in #1). Is this possible?
– This is trickier – basically you’ll have to create a set of rules (I believe that the plugin can do this) that says that use4rs must be logged in in the first case and then logged in + members in teh second.
How would this all be implemented so it all works and ties in together across the network?
4) Speaking of processors, we will need one for Authorize.net and/or Netbilling. Is there anyone who can do this for us if we end up using this platform?
– We’re planning on adding authorize.net and PayPal Pro (and Amazon too I think) in a bit, no ETA though I’m afraid.
If we need to roll our own for Netbilling, how do we do this — there’s no documentation at this point? We would likely need to hire a developer anyway, but still need to know what to do?
2) Can each site have their own processor? Some of us use PayPal. Some use Authorize.net, etc. Is it possible to let each site handle their own this way but still provide access throughout the network?
– Yes, each site should be able to choose their own processor.
Finally and especially in lieu of each site having their own processor, set up, etc. do we install this as mu-plugin and let each site set up their own settings or as an individual plugin?