How do I get permissions working correctly?

Hi,

Thanks for looking at this question.

I am running a theme called Social Buddy.

I need to control permissions for users when they blog on my site.

I periodically have problems with users not being able to post.

Here is a message I received (on my facebook account) from a website member:

Kati! I am a member of your website… my ‘website name’ is fruit-loop & I’m having problems posting in your forums & updating my status. Have tried to reply to a couple of threads now & they don’t show up. (If you wanna know WHICH threads specifically: I posted a new “Hi” thread in introductions, replied to the website feedback thread – about my posts not coming up & replied to the “Facebook ‘like’ thread also in feedback… Ironic as I’m now contacting YOU through FB, however I trust you ) I also tried to send you a public message (basically saying ^ this) but that disappeared too Sorry to contact you this way but I didn’t know what else to do. I did a blog/journal just last week & there was no problem there, but obviously I really want to get involved with the forum/community stuff. Thankyou thankyou thankyou (in advance) for your help! fruit-loop (Sharon) xxx

Her permissions are set as….

Role: Contributor

Forum Role: Participant

My website is:

katimorton.com

I would really GREATLY appreciate any help you can give me. I am also contacting the author of the theme to see if there is a conflict that he can see.

Thank you again

Kati & Sean