I am having trouble getting the combination of Multi Database, Multi Domain and Domain Mapping working successfully on a new installation.
I am using the latest version of WordPress (3.1.2) using subfolders for multisite and the the latest version of a number of MUDEV plugins with a RocketTheme theme Panacea (network enabled) using the Gantry Framework (enabled on a per site basis only)
The other (non MUDEV) extensions are Tiny MCE Advanved, XCloner, Gravity Forms and the Rok plugins used by the Panacea theme
So far I have done the following:
1. Created 16 databases plus the global database using CPanel. The global database is nicely populated with all the plugins installed since.
2. Installed and Multi Domain and Domain Mapping. Overwritten sunrise.php using dm-sunrise.php and added the line
define( 'SUNRISE', 'on'); to wp-config.php
3. Entered the dedicated IP address for the main site http://www.main.com in Network Admin Settings
4. Added a domain to Multi Domain (Public) and added a *.thatotherdomain.com A record pointing to the dedicated IP address of the main site
6. Successfully added a new site http://www.thatotherdomain.com/test
7. Went to the list of sites and got the error
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/main/public_html/wp-content/db.php on line 263
oops against the http://www.thatotherdomain.com/test ste
Supporter plugin is installed and activated but not configured.
Supporters only is set to No
The domain used for the administration area should be the [that entered by user]
In wp-content/db-config.php the folowing are in the global tables section
// Do not include default global tables
// Leave off base prefix (eg: wp_)
// Usage: add_global_table(TABLE_NAME)
// EX: add_global_table('something');
What I am trying unsuccessfully to do is:
Use the main site – let’s call it http://www.rainbow.com with dedicated IP address.
I want people to be able to visit http://www.red.com; http://www.blue.com; http://www.green.com etc and see on those domains content which is being controlled/run entirely from http://www.rainbow.com and which will let me create blogs on both http://www.rainbow.com and http://www.red.com; http://www.blue.com; http://www.green.com etc for paying users.
I would also like blog users to be able to have their blog link through to a domain of their own – for example http://www.tomatoes.com or http://www.tomatoes.com/blog and still be accessible through my site http://www.red.com
I have root access to the dedicated server hosting the main domain and full WHM/CPanel control over the others. I own all the domain names in question so should be able to configure them correctly if someone can explain why the error ocurred and give me an idiot-proof guide to configuring things that way.