Membership in Multisite

Hi,

I’m trying to use Membership 2 Pro in a multisite environment. I’m having problems defining rules for only some sites.

I have the line ” define( ‘MS_PROTECT_NETWORK’, true ); ” in my wp-config.php file, and I am trying to add different rules for different sites. I set up a rule (called “Test Membership”:wink:, a Standard Membership using all defaults. Then I go to the “Protection Rules” page, and choose a site in the “Select Site” dropdown. For 4 out of my 6 sites, when the page refreshes the URL correctly changes to that site, and that site is selected in the drop-down, and that site’s pages, posts, etc., are listed correctly (corresponding to the selected site).

However, for two of my sites, when I select the site name (“Professional” and “Test”:wink:, the page refreshes and the URL is properly shown for the selected site, but the main/root site is incorrectly selected in the drop-down and the main/root site content is listed for all pages/post types/menus, etc. I am not able to access any of the settings for these two specific sites, or apply any rules to these sites.

I deleted the plugin folders (the main WPMU Dev plugin and the Membership 2 Pro plugin) from my site, restored my MySQL database with a backup copy from earlier today before I ever installed your plugins, and reinstalled and tested and the problem is exactly the same.

I then switched to a different theme and disabled all other plugins, and the problem continues to exist.

The only issue I see with my installation is that the first time I tried installing, I set up a Membership in the “Test” site before adding the “define( ‘MS_PROTECT_NETWORK’, true );” line to my wp-config.php file. I understand this was not correct, and I thought this is why I had the problem with that site. But after restoring the database and reinstalling the plugins I should have been starting with a “clean” install. The second time I had “define( ‘MS_PROTECT_NETWORK’, true );” in my wp-config.php file before I did anything at all with the plugin.

How can I troubleshoot why these sites are not able to be selected in the Protection Rules screen?

Thanks!

Eric