It’s late so I’ll keep it short and sweet:
I wanted a clean interface for the user that just works. But I also wanted cached pages.
I didn’t want to confuse my users and I don’t think they should know what “cache” even means.
I tried to achieve this a long time ago but I wasn’t sure how to communicate with external classes back then. Now I do ^^.
This plugin has been written in under 2 hours (with a lot of research on these “why would you even use these” hooks), so if you notice something weird please let me know :slight_smile:
So, what I did:
1. Removed all “purge from cache” links (non-super-admin)
2. Removed the “Performance” admin bar entry (non-super-admin)
3. Removed the “Performance” admin menu entry (non-super-admin)
4. Made sure cache purges upon theme switch
5. Made sure cache purges upon widget/sidebar update
6. Made sure cache purges upon Customizer setting change.
7. Removed all HTML comments W3TC makes.
Now you can make use of your object and page cache without worrying about “huh why doesn’t it update D:”.
That’s it! Enjoy :smiley:
1. Upload to contents of the zip file to your plugins folder.
2. Activate plugin, either network or per site.
Too many features!¡!1!one!:
Read the readme.txt to get a gist on how to remove features. But I don’t think you’ll wish to do so :slight_smile: Don’t bother your users and just get done with it with this plugin! :smiley:
Why this is awesome
This plugin cleans out the admin interface for users who just want to edit and publish pages.
They might have ‘manage_options’ (e.g. Admin) rights, but you don’t want to confuse them with advanced stuff.
“Put W3 Total Cache on auto pilot. This plugin allows you to control W3 Total Cache in such a manner that no one knows you’re using it, not even your admins. Either network activate it or activate it per site.”
Enjoy and have a great day! :smiley:
P.S. The widget/sidebar update cache purge doesn’t always fire, I’m not sure why… but it works for the most of the time. Might be a Genesis thing.
P.P.S. This plugin will add more load to your server with new users who’re playing around with themes and such.
Update 2.0.0 is under development but no ETA yet. What to expect:
– Delay/lag the cache flush for any change to once every cron job (5 min?)
– Admin interface
– More caching plugins supported