So, I wanted to take a moment to officially say hello

So, I wanted to take a moment to officially say hello to the membership here, and give a little background on who I am. Rather than just go from help topic to help topic and all that.

I’m Ian Shires – I have been in small press publishing since 1986, when I was making minicomics in high school. Before there was an internet, and if you wanted text in a publication you had to type it in columns, cut and paste them into your master using actual scissors and glue.

Anyway, flash forward, I have been pushing networking software to it’s limits for a long time. I’m unfortunately not a coder, but I do know what I’m looking at in doing edits of it. I’ve used a number of systems in the past, and have never been able to really get the network to the place I wanted to to be integrated properly. WordPress has really come a long way in the last few years, and the software developed here has also brought things I wanted to do as far back as the year 2000, into actual reality.

If you’ve seen me around the forums so far you’ve seen I’ve hit into a few corners things that needed figuring out, and so far, there has not been anything that couldn’t BE figured out, so we’re very happy in the network we’re developing.

That network is http://indyfestusa.com – it’s for indy publishers of anything, magazines, books, comics, music, movies, etc…to have the tools they need to connect with and win new fans. We have our own magazine which I have been publishing in some form or another for over 20 years, and the support of publishers and fans the world over…as I started the Self Publisher Association in 2001, and we’ve done things like a Hall of Fame, Small Press Idol, run printing services, and pretty much kept a finger in everything we could.

That’s me in a nutshell, so I hope to learn more about the movers and shakers in here as well. We expect that, within the year 2015, once we open our network up to publishers to register their sites, we will become one of the biggest such networks there are. if anyone has an interest in checking out our magazine, check out our homepage, the link to the latest issue is there, and it’s a free to download magazine!