- Improve: Permission checks.
- Improve: White labeling support.
October 30, 2021 - version 1.8.8
- Improve: Export configuration.
April 7, 2021 - version 1.8.7
- Improve: Remove unused permission settings from multisite.
- Fix: WP 5.8 compatibility issues.
- Fix: Wrong settings link.
- Fix: Wrong shortcode for playlists.
- Fix: Access denied error on server level object caching.
March 12, 2021 - version 1.8.6
- Enhance: Update all links to wpmudev.com.
January 18, 2021 - version 1.8.5
- Fix: Playlist order is not applied in video tutorials page.
January 18, 2021 - version 1.8.4
- New: Reordering playlists.
- New: Arrow navigation in video tutorials page.
- New: Apply visibility settings in video tutorials page.
- Improve: Searching playlist videos while typing.
- Improve: UX improvements in playlist create modal.
- Improve: Use block editor sidebar for videos.
- Improve: Scroll to the error message if the header is not visible.
- Improve: Whitelabel improvements.
- Fix: Margin inconsistency in playlists page.
- Fix: Hide notices when videos are being loaded.
- Fix: Newly created playlists are not being added to the list without refreshing the page.
- Fix: Add new videos and playlist buttons are not working from the dashboard.
- Fix: Video close button is not working.
November 23, 2020 - version 1.8.3
- New: Export & Import settings, videos and playlists.
- New: Uninstall data and settings cleanup.
- New: Reset plugin options.
- Improve: Added loading effects while videos and playlists are being loaded.
- Improve: Videos and Playlists ordering.
- Fix: Tutorials top level menu is not working.
- Fix: New features modal is showing in new installations.
- Fix: Whitelabel is not working in some modals.
- Fix: Recently added video order is wrong.
October 19, 2020 - version 1.8.2
- Improve: Minor improvements in default videos.
September 28, 2020 - version 1.8.1
- Fix: Contextual help videos are hidden for admin users.
September 28, 2020 - version 1.8
- New: SUI upgrade.
- New: Dashboard page.
- New: Separate videos page.
- New: Playlists page (Categories are now Playlists).
- New: Separate settings page.
- New: Assign videos to playlists from the admin.
- New: Assign locations to playlists from the admin.
- New: Restrict playlist and videos to user roles.
- New: Create custom playlists.
- New: Description for the playlist.
- New: Search in video tutorials page.
- Improve: Accessibility improvements.
- Improve: Videos and playlists are stored in custom post and taxonomy.
February 10, 2020 - version 1.7.3
- Update: Wistia regex.
- Fix: Deprecated notices in WP 5.3.
- Fix: Button styles broken in WP 5.3.
- Fix: Fix conflict with Jetpack.
- Fix: Make sure jQuery is loaded.
- Fix: Custom video player conflict when multiple videos are preset on one page.
November 4, 2019 - version 1.7.2
- Update: Validation for custom video provider.
- Fix: Video shortcode issue with Divi builder.
- Fix: Dashboard inactive error message is empty.
- Fix: Custom videos are not available in subsites other than the main site.
- Fix: Video site ID is not displayed in some cases.
- Fix: Blank error message after site registration without Dash plugin.
- Fix: Unable to disable contextual help videos.
- Fix: Video group title is not showing in the shortcode.
September 10, 2019 - version 1.7.1
- Fix: Issue with PHP 7.2 and WP 5.2.2
- Fix: Video shortcode displaying outside of Gutenberg.
July 15, 2019 - version 1.7
- New: Added the ability to upload custom videos.
- New: Select user roles that can manage video settings.
- Fix: Add missing wpmudev_vids_categories filter.
January 29, 2019 - version 1.6
- New: Add new Gutenberg editor videos and show them in Gutenberg sidebar
- New: Revert to old visual editor videos when Classic Editor plugin is installed
August 5, 2018 - version 1.5.8
- Fix: Bug from bad git merge breaking group shortcodes
August 2, 2018 - version 1.5.7
- Fix: PHP 5.4 and under compatibility (unfortunately)
April 3, 2018 - version 1.5.6
- Fix: UX showing as domain registered when it really wasn't completely. Visit settings page to fix any no-access errors.
December 2, 2017 - version 1.5.5
- Only use WP 4.9 compatibility fallback in admin area
December 2, 2017 - version 1.5.4
- Fix: WP 4.9 compatibility update - workaround for Referrer-Policy:same-origin header
April 20, 2016 - version 1.5.3
- Fix: Footer overlaying video list page content on short screens
November 11, 2015 - version 1.5.2
- Fix: Exclude multisite only videos from group shortcode output
- Fix: Hide hidden videos in group shortcodes
- New: Style messy Hide Videos list into columns
- New: Show list of included video names next to group shortcode docs
- New: Use Masonry to make the videos page look neat and clean
- Fix: Fixed and documented hooks and sample code to add custom videos to video page
October 19, 2015 - version 1.5.1
- Fix: Update and clean up video names to match the site
January 23, 2015 - version 1.5
- New: Hooks added for being able to add custom videos to the page
- Fix: Support System admin menu option was not working
November 5, 2014 - version 1.4
- New: Added Install Themes/Plugins videos (not in multisite)
- Fix: Admin menu conflicts with Themify themes
May 6, 2014 - version 1.3.1
- New: Added new videos - Creating Playlists, Running Updates (not in multisite)
April 30, 2014 - version 1.3
- New: Added new videos - Customizer, Revisions, Pages vs. Posts, Tools, Settings
- Fix: Videos will now autoplay properly on the dashboard videos page
April 23, 2014 - version 1.2.8
- Remove "Paste from Word" depreciated in WP 3.9
- Change "oEmbed" title to "Embed Videos"
- Refresh language files
March 18, 2014 - version 1.2.7
- Add html ids to contextual help videos to fix error in Visual Composer
January 29, 2014 - version 1.2.6
- Use improved dashicon in WP 3.8
- Update plugin header info
December 16, 2013 - version 1.2.5
- Rename QuickPress to Quick Draft for WP 3.8
- Videos updated for WP 3.8 (note this is independent of plugin)
November 22, 2013 - version 1.2.4
- Update UN notice code
- WP 3.8/MP6 support
- Refresh language file
September 3, 2013 - version 1.2.3
- Change page url slugs to be less generic to avoid theme/plugin conflicts
August 27, 2013 - version 1.2.2
- Don't load videos into help tabs until tab is opened by user
July 12, 2013 - version 1.2.1
- Add more graceful error handling for API calls
January 24, 2013 - version 1.2
- Added secure support for Domain Mapped admin areas! Much requested.
- Added new "Creating and Editing Image Galleries" and "Creating and Editing Users" videos
December 11, 2012 - version 1.1.3
- Removed "Links" videos as no longer part of WP as of 3.5
November 20, 2012 - version 1.1.2
- Fix error message for latest Domain Mapping release
November 19, 2012 - version 1.1.1
- Remove 2 old videos that have been combined into "Image Editor"
October 29, 2012 - version 1.1
- Update for new video embed codes and dimensions
- Improved dashboard video player design and size
- Added width and height arguments to shortcodes
- Allow for disabling domain mapping check via WPMUDEV_VIDS_IGNORE_MAPPING
March 9, 2012 - version 1.0.6
- Add ability to show group titles to shortcodes
- Wrap group shortcode output for better default display
March 5, 2012 - version 1.0.5
- Add compatibility checks to warn about domain mapping configuration
- Add group ability to the short codes list
January 31, 2012 - version 1.0.4
- Fix missing "Excerpts" video
- Remove duplicate "Editing Links" video
December 13, 2011 - version 1.0.3
- WP 3.3 compatibility for help dropdowns. NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE
October 19, 2011 - version 1.0.2
- Fix video display on SSL admin areas
October 18, 2011 - version 1.0.1
- Fix settings menu showing to normal admins in multisite
- Fix wrong translation file location
- Add default PO file
October 14, 2011 - version 1
- Initial Release
Trusted by 967,737 happy members
More than 97% of customers are happy with WPMU DEV’s service, and it’s a great time to join them. Find out why with a 7-day free trial today!Start 7-Day Free Trial
Get started bringing your users and clients up to speed with WordPress. Make use of the following features:
Read our practical IVT tutorials and learn how to onboard and educate your clients and users with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re loving the service and want to stick around after the trial, we’ll use the card you have on file for payment processing… you wouldn’t want to lose the services after all. But equally if you want to cancel at any time then just visit ‘My Account’ – it’s super easy.
If it renews and you intended to cancel, no problem! We totally understand. Just contact us within 30 days of your first payment and we will provide a refund, no questions asked – except we’ll likely ask how we can improve to keep you around next time ;)
There is no lock-in at all and it’s easy to cancel anytime via your account page, no need to speak to anyone, no stress.
Yes! If you want to use our full suite of plugins and site management services, including live support for anything WordPress related, then you can upgrade to our full membership.
- 45+ included WordPress tutorials
- Automatically add videos to help verify connection
- Hide menu items
- Customize menu names
- Give setup permission to users
- Hide access to individual videos
- Add custom videos
- Wistia, YouTube, and Vimeo support
- Shortcode embed codes
- Customizable playlists
- Group embed
- Frontend embed
- Quality production
- Automatic content updates
- White label branding
- Unlimited bandwidth and plays
- SSL compatible
- Multisite integration