Create a Mobile-Friendly City Guide with WordPress and Placeling
People are exploring new and old corners of the world with their mobile devices in hand. They’re also blogging about their trips and experiences – food, travel, fashion, you name it. Blogging is alive and well and happening all around us. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could find nearby blog posts on your iPhone?
Placeling is an iPhone app that lets you explore your city and share the places you love with your friends. Now, with the help of the Placeling WordPress plugin, you can turn your blog into an iPhone-enabled city guide.
Here’s how it works:
1. You write a blog post:
Inside the post you tag it with your location and a summary:
2. Publish your post and your link and any photos will be sent to Placeling.
3. Your pins show up on your personal Placeling map.
You have your own user page on Placeling that will show a map of all of the locations you’ve tagged.
Here’s what you need in order to have your location-enabled blog posts appear on Placeling:
- A Placeling account – It’s free for both you and your readers and always will be.
- The Placeling WordPress plugin – It’s free from the WordPress plugin repository
- The Placeling iPhone app (if you want to see your own places on a mobile map)
This is a great way to get more traffic to your blog posts. While you’re walking around with devices in your pocket that let the world know your exact location, why not also show places nearby that you’ve blogged about? Get hooked up with Placeling and start leaving a trail of location-enabled blog posts to mark your travel and help others along the way.Tags: